Movie Review: Nothing but the Truth

Sunday, October 25, 2009
Synopsis: Thinking Pulitzer Prize and hoping to bring down a President, D.C. political columnist Rachel Armstrong writes that the President ignored the findings of a covert CIA operative when ordering air strikes against Venezuela. Rachel names the agent, Erica Van Doren, a woman whose young daughter is in Rachel's son's class at school. The government moves quickly to force Rachel to name her source. She's jailed for contempt when she refuses. She won't change her mind, and the days add up. Chaos descends on Van Doren's life as well. First Amendment versus national security, marriage and motherhood versus separation. What's the value of a principle?

Starring: Kate Beckinsale, Matt Dillon, Vera Farmiga, Edie Falco, Alan Alda
Directed by: Rod Lurie
U.S. Rating: R

OH MY GOSH I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I had no idea what it was about. I just put it on and I was sucked in immediately. It was shocking at what was happening, and I just couldn't understand why she wouldn't just tell who her source was! I finally found out. It is a riveting movie. One to watch. This is a movie everyone should watch to understand why freedom of speech is so important. The ending shocked me and made me cry. I was moved to tears. Literally.

What did I like from this movie?

1. The political aspect. There was so much going on and so much to keep my interest
2. The emotional story. Man was it good! It pulled at my heart strings!
3. Kate Beckinsale. She is amazing. This movie truly shows it

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. Um....nothing? I was enamored this this movie

I would rate this movie with a 5/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter