Movie Review: Management

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Synopsis: Mike Cranshaw and Sue Claussen have a chance encounter when Sue checks into the roadside motel owned by Mike's parents in Arizona. What starts with a bottle of wine "compliments of management" soon evolves into a multi-layered, cross-country journey of two people looking for a sense of purpose. Mike, an aimless dreamer, bets it all on a trip to Sue's workplace in Maryland only to find that she has no place for him in her carefully ordered life. Buttoned down and obsessed with making a difference in the world, Sue goes back to her yogurt mogul ex-boyfriend Jango, who promises her a chance to head his charity operations. But, having found something worth fighting for, Mike pits his hopes against Sue's practicality, and the two embark on a twisted, bumpy, freeing journey to discover that their place in the world just might be together.

Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Steve Zahn, Woody Harrelson, Margo Martindale, Fred Ward
Directed by: Stephen Belber
U.S. Rating: R

We have this famous quote in my country, Venezuela: "Pida por esa boca, porque nunca se sabe cuando están por dar" (Possible translation: "Ask for it, since you never know when they are about to give you some"). How could you possibly imagine that grabbing a butt chick from someone like Jennifer Aniston would be so easy?!... hahaha. Honestly, I don't know what to think of this movie. I must say that I liked it, but I don't really know the reason yet! I've read some reviews about this movie, and at least, we must say that it has got a wide mix of comments. The truth is that I kinda liked the plot because it brought so many different and unexpected situations that I was actually intriged on what could happen at the end of the movie, and especially, with Mike's life. Jennifer Aniston looks great in this movie, she looked so fresh and young that my wife even asked me if this movie really was on theaters this year. Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn play great roles in this movie, even though, I believe that Jennifer Aniston has been stuck in these same roles for a long time. Steve Zahn played such a really good role, not just in some scenes where he had to reflect some good drama, but also, some really funny scenes. Woody Harrelson, well... I believe he's one of those actors that I couldn't define (funny, weird), his role in this movie brought at least, few minutes of fun and laughs. I definitely could say that is a entertaining movie :)

What did I like from this movie?

1. Steve Zahn's behavior could must have been widely considered "stalking", but the way he did it was so freaking funny!
2. The new friend he found, the asian guy and how he encourages him to do some childish but funny things
3. I like the message and lesson he gives her when she meets him in the basement of the chinesse restaurant to let him know that she's getting married
4. I liked the way he moved forward following his dreams and always included the people he loved
5. The funny scene and situation when he's living with the monks, the whole situation with the volleyball games

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. She never tells him that this baby could be his, since she was alone by the time they were together

I would rate this movie with a 3/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

2 comments

  1. I thought it was actually funny. In a quirky kind of way. Liked it!

     
  2. gman Says:
  3. Mike is very charming in an awkward way in this movie which makes me feel so sad that he likes someone like Sue. I wondered why they showed him deciding to go to her room so quickly but I figured there was more important story development. When she came back, so odd; I don’t know if I like the writing of this movie. I am always looking for the movie I missed in the theater as I am an avid movie watcher but what I like about Blockbuster is that I can always find movies not only rare but 28 days before other movie services. Not only that but the Blockbuster Movie Pass from DISH Network that is free for new customers gives me one bill from DISH, over 100,000 movies plus games, streaming and I also get 20 movie channels on my DISH employee account as a current customer for only $10 a month. Next on my queue is Thor and I don’t have to pay extra for mail to my home, or Blue-ray.

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter