Movie Review: Fight Club

Thursday, September 24, 2009
Synopsis: The mundane existence of a product liability evaluator and insomniac, who is addicted to self-help groups, is turned upside down when he meets a sado-masochistic anarchist who is secretly plotting to overthrow civilization. As their friendship grows, they become increasingly involved in a secret society of "fight clubs" where men act out their aggressions and violently beat one another to a pulp. In the meantime, the evaluator falls in love with a woman who is also addicted to self-help groups, but is unable to act on his desire for her.

Starring: Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Michael "Meatloaf" Lee Loaf, Zach Grenier, Richmond Arquette
Directed by: David Fincher
U.S. Rating: R

I get scared when my wife says: Don't mess with me! I watched Fight Club!

Another crazy and bizarre classic movie. If you haven't watched Fight Club, you haven't watched it all. One of the most controversial movies in a decade, Fight club offers the craziest final ever expected. For many people and critics, Edward Norton plays one of his best roles so far in this movie. Personally, I believe it has been his best role up to this day. Brad Pitt adds so much craziness and action to the Norton's role. Definitely one of the weirdest movies I've watched, but also one of the best performances provided by Norton and Pitt.

What did I like from this movie?

1. My favorite character is Tyler Durden (Pitt). So crazy that I couldn't stop laughing watching this guy! Especially when he's fighting with the nunchaku
2. I really liked both performances, Norton and Pitt's performances were amazing in this movie. no matter how crazy and bizarre this movie could be, their performance was amazing

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I've heard that there have been some discussions for a new Fight Club movie, not sure if it's a sequel or a remake. The important thing is that I believe that I find extremely difficult (if not impossible) that anyone could offer a better performance than these two guys in this movie

I would rate this movie with a 3/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

5 comments

  1. You'd better be scared when I say that!!
    Don't mess with me, I've seen Fight Club!

    Great movie, totally weird. Had no idea with the ending.

     
  2. Zach Says:
  3. One of my favorite films ever.
    A sequel or remake of the film both sound like terrible ideas.

     
  4. Definitely,

    One of the best ones out there! Both (Edward Norton & Brad Pitt) performances are amazing!

     
  5. AED Says:
  6. I LOVE Ed Norton!! I guessed what was going on from the beginning though for a few reasons. 1) He uses different names to go to each of his meetings and we are never told his REAL name. 2) The way he constantly visualizes different scenarios made me wonder if he had some sort of dissociative identity disorder. 3) Nora (I think that was the girl's name) would hit on him and then get offended after he'd push her away. THAT on top of the "don't talk about me" thing that the Brad character did...

     
  7. I can see that we all agree that this is an amazing performance by them, especially Norton :)

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter