Movie Review: Little Dorrit

Thursday, September 24, 2009
Synopsis
A victim of her father's debt, 'Little Dorrit' has spent her childhood behind the heavy, iron doors of Marshalsea Prison. But will a chance meeting change her life? Andrew Davies' gripping new series brings to life Dickens’ classic tale of hardship and struggle in 1820s London, where larger-than-life characters leap from rags to riches (and back again), and fortunes can be reversed in an instant.

Returning home after many years abroad, Arthur Clennam is surprised by the mysterious presence of Amy Dorrit, a young seamstress, in his mother's house. Troubled by the Dorrits' plight, and suspecting his own family's involvement in their downfall, he resolves to help them. Delving into the puzzling connections between the two families, Arthur entangles himself in a mystery that transcends the walls of Marshalsea to include an epic scope, and a personal resonance, that makes this tale one of the most exhilarating and stirring in history. And as the truth unfolds, Arthur discovers that the shadow of debt can fall in the most unlikely of places…

Based on the novel by Charles Dickens.


Starring: Matthew Macfadyen & Claire Foy
Directed By:
Adam Smith (6 episodes)
Dearbhla Walsh (5 episodes)
Diarmuid Lawrence (3 episodes)

Oh wow! I loved this series! I have not had the pleasure of reading the book yet, but I can imagine it is quite true to the books as it is 8 hrs long. If you love period drama's then this is your movie. It has something for everyone. From romance to murder! It covers all bases. Charles Dickens was Brilliant!

What did I like from this movie?

1. Um...Matthew Macfadyen!! He's Mr. Darcy too all who don't know his name. He is delicious, and loved seeing him play a role where he got to smile a lot.
2. I loved the period clothes and time setting of the movie. I enjoyed all of the different characters.
3. The story really does have something for everyone.

What I didn't like?

1. I had to wait over 7 hours until there was the romance I wanted to see. I wish that could have been sooner and longer. I'm a sucker for romance.

I would rate this movie 5/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?



Mary

2 comments

  1. LOVED this movie. We need to buy it honey. The 2 week rental from the library isn't going to cut it for me.

     
  2. AED Says:
  3. I can't WAIT to see this one!!! I just KNOW I'm going to LOVE it! And I REALLY need some more Matthew Macfadyen! I completely excited about seeing this one.

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter