Movie Review: London Boulevard

Friday, April 29, 2011
Synopsis: Fresh out of prison, Mitchell lands a legitimate job as a handyman for a rich actress who's eager to reward him with cash, cars and sex. But Mitchell can never truly escape his violent past or the dangerous world of loan sharks, druggies and other bottomfeeders.
Starring: Keira Knightley, Colin Farrell, David Thewlis, Anna Friel, Ray Winstone
Directed by: William Monahan
U.S. Rating: R

Well, I must say that it is either because I'm not totally used to British films or because the plot was too slow or confusing for me. The thing is that it was extremely difficult for me to follow London Boulevard. I remember the first time I watched the trailer, it was right before the film was released in theaters, I thought it looked pretty interesting and entertaining. I never went to watch it to the theater since I preferred to watch other films before. Now that I had the chance to watch the film at home, I thought it was me, but after asking my wife, I noticed that both of us had the same problem: We couldn't follow what was happening!

London Boulevard is the story of a man newly released from prison who falls in love with a reclusive young movie star who recruits him as her bodyguard and finds himself in a duel with a vicious gangster.

The film brings a top quality cast but as I said before, I couldn't follow the story. I can't really say the reason, but the truth is that it didn't deliver what was sold on its trailer.

I would rate this movie with a 1/5


Have you watched the film? What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie? Share with us your thoughts!

Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter