Movie Review: X-Men Origins - Wolverine

Saturday, February 27, 2010
Synopsis: "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Liev Schreiber, Tim Pocock, Troye Sivan, Tahyna Tozzi
Directed by: Gavin Hood
U.S. Rating: PG-13

Hugh Jackman did a great job on this film. A film with such an unique cast, great CGI effects and amazing action scenes. The best thing of the film is not just watching the plot and events related with Wolverine and his life, but having the chance of watching the film again on Blu Ray. It offered more content and deleted scenes showing how the film relates other prominent mutants in their early years (for example, Storm).

Wolverine could be considered the first film of the X-Men Origins series. We all know Fox and Marvel is already working on Magneto and Dead pool. It will keep a wide open window to these two companies to keep working on this amazing franchise and bring future films about the life of some of the most famous mutants.

I really enjoyed the film. I'm a huge fan of the franchise, even though, I can't consider this particular film at the same level of the previous X-Men films. Yes, it offers amazing effects, great cast, a good story, a good direction, but I think the trilogy brought stronger plots and entertainment to their fans. That's just my personal appreciation. No matter what, I totally recommend it!

What did I like from this movie?

1. Such an amazing cast and visual effects
2. I really enjoyed Hugh Jackman playing this role once again. I support what Stan Lee commented on this matter, that he couldn't see anyone else playing this role after all the previous films
3. I really enjoyed how they left the doors opened to relate this film with the future film of Dead pool

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. It was a pretty good and entertaining film, but compared with the X-Men Trilogy, there's something missing. I don't know if it is related with the direction or content

I would rate this movie with a 4/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter