Movie Review: The Family Man

Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Synopsis: Jack Campbell is a Wall Street trader living the high life in New York City. When Jack, who has forsaken all for the pursuit of money, becomes involved in a grocery store holdup, everything changes. He awakens the next morning, on a snowy Christmas day, lying in bed next to a wife--Kate, the college sweetheart he dumped when his career ambitions took hold--whom he never married, and in a house with two kids he never had. Now living in New Jersey in an alternate suburban universe, he has a chance to see how his life would have turned out had he married Kate and raised a family. Jack soon begins to feel strangely comfortable in the new role of loving husband and father, finding himself happy in the life he would have led had he made different choices as a young man.

Starring: Nicolas Cage, Téa Leoni, Don Cheadle, Jeremy Piven, Saul Rubinek
Directed by: Brett Ratner
U.S. Rating: PG-13

An ideal movie for the Christmas season without being a Christmas movie! Yes, it is a Christmas movie, but the message is not about Christmas. It is all about the importance of Family upon any other temporal interests like work, professional success, fame or money. The Family Man is such a great family movie for a quiet and relaxing movie night to be enjoyed with the loved one. I must be honest and say that I didn't feel any chemistry between Nicolas Cage and Téa Leoni, but it doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy their roles and the way they worked together. Both of them were brilliant in their own dimension and roles. When we put all together: their amazingly well performed roles, the strong script and the season, the results are really enjoyable. Totally recommended!

What did I like from this movie?

1. What I liked the most was the end, since it was totally unexpected. After switching his wealthy and successful professional & single life to his married life with so many financial limitations and different career, I was expecting that he'd decide to choose to maintain his second stage after experiencing the importance of family and true happiness, but... I was wrong, and I liked the final
2. Both lead roles were nicely played, even though, if I had to choose the best one, I could say that Téa Leoni played an amazing role in this movie

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I didn't find anything wrong with the film, even though, it was kinda corny in a couple of times (but I still liked it!)

I would rate this movie with a 4/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter