Movie Review: What Women Want

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Synopsis: Nick Marshall, a Chicago advertising executive, gets a whole new outlook on life when a fluke accident gives him the ability to read women's minds. At first, this "gift" provides Nick with way too much information, but he begins to realize that he can use it to good effect, especially when it comes to outwitting his new boss, Darcy Maguire. In spite of his best efforts to finesse Darcy, he soon finds himself falling in love and truly understanding what women want.

Starring: Mel Gibson, Helen Hunt, Marisa Tomei, Alan Alda, Ashley Johnson
Directed by: Nancy Meyers, Bruce A. Block
U.S. Rating: PG-13

Nancy Meyers surprises her fans and viewers with such enjoyable and entertaining romantic comedies. I'm one of them. I'm not a huge fan of romantic movies, but I must say that I've watched all her romantic comedies, and I have enjoyed every single one of them. On this film, Nancy brings the story of a man working on a prestigious marketing company who gets a curious and rare gift after suffering an accident at home. The gift? He can hear women's thoughts! Let's face it, what man wouldn't want to have such an amazing gift?! Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt play great roles in this romantic comedy, reflecting a good chemistry between both characters.

Helen Hunt, one of my favorite "beautiful" actresses play a good and professional role in this film, along with other great and well known actresses like Marisa Tomei.

What did I like from this movie?

1. One of the funny moments, when he's leaving his home and the black lady in the entrance starts talking about his butt... really funny
2. The whole situation with Marisa Tomei, really funny, especially when he finds her at the entrance of his home and she confronts him asking him if he's gay
3. Good plot, a little bit cheesy, but the comedy involved made it easy and enjoyable to watch

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I haven't seen Helen Hunt ever since!...

I would rate this movie with a 3/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

1 Responses to Movie Review: What Women Want

  1. AED Says:
  2. I remember really liking this movie. I'll have to put it back on my Netflix queue. I'm not a fan of Mel Gibson (as a person) but I do like some things he has been in. This was one of them. It was an original plot line, which I always appreciate in a romantic comedy.

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter