Movie Review: The Devil's Tomb

Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Synopsis: A team of mercenaries under the command of hard-charging war veteran Mack (Gooding Jr.), are contracted by a mysterious CIA operative named Elissa (Cruz) to rescue a scientist (Perlman) working on an archeological discovery deep under the Middle Eastern desert. With the help of a mysterious priest (Rollins), Mack and his team soon discover the true secret of what lies beneath the sands. A secret that has been protected for thousands of years. A secret that is not of this Earth

Starring: Cuba Gooding Jr, Taryn Manning, Valerie Cruz, Ray Winstone, Franky G
Directed by: Jason Connery
U.S. Rating: R

I personally don't know what's been wrong with Cuba Gooding Jr lately. All his most recent movies and roles couldn't ever be considered good enough for such a good actor. While I was watching this movie, I thought for a moment that I was watching a cheap version of Resident Evil, when a team commando is sent to a secret underground lab in the middle of the desert and they have to fight all these dead people. It might be a watchable movie for those lovers of war movies, even though, as I said, I think that Cuba Gooding Jr has lost his mojo lately with the most recent movies he's played in (except American Gangster).

What did I like from this movie?

1. What I liked from this movie is that I always love war/action/thriller movies, even though, the plot wasn't as good as I expected it to be, it was ok for a war movie.

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. The whole disgusting thing about the dead zombies spitting the soldiers and friends, really grouse.

I would rate this movie with a 2/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter