Movie Review: The Breed

Friday, August 21, 2009
Synopsis: A group of friends go on a weekend getaway to an eccentric Uncle's private island. When they arrive and find the Uncle missing, they encounter the island’s other inhabitants--dogs. Dozens of them, roaming the wild in feral packs. The group soon discovers that the canines possess a scary, almost preternatural intelligenc--and a ferocious appetite to match.

Starring: Michelle Rodriguez, Taryn Manning, Oliver Hudson, Hill Harper, Eric Lively
Directed by: Nicholas C. Mastandrea
U.S. Rating: R

The first time I read the synopsis about this movie, I thought it could be interesting, even though, I knew it would be just another movie like dozens of similar movies recorded in the past with rats, birds, snakes, monsters and even dead or crazy people. I thought it would be ok, having someone like Michelle Rodriguez. The fact is that the plot was so cheap, predictable and boring that I decided to watch it until the end just to see if it could get any worse than I thought after watching the first half of the movie. A bunch of guys get to this private island and get chased by a bunch of mad dogs. They try to leave and dogs don't let them. They thing is that they try to leave the island with just a arch and some arrows, they try to run away driving a car but they do it with all the windows and roof opened (and of course... the dogs try to jump inside the car), the guy with the arch is really good with it, and some other lame scenes. Totally recommended for a Sunday afternoon after checking that you have run out of movies, things to do, and you're not planning to leave home and you're not tired enough to take a nap (you might want to take a nap after watching it!).

What did I like from this movie?

Hmmm... that it kept my attention until the end of the movie (which was totally predictable!), even though, I watched it until the end, as I said, to see if it was worse than I expected after watching the first half.

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. How predictable it was
2. The moment when the guy with the arch tries to kill the dog that is attacking one of the girls and the arrow gets stuck in the girl's leg! It was so lame that I considered it actually really funny!

I would rate this movie with a 2/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter