Movie Review: The Hangover

Sunday, July 19, 2009
Synopsis: Two days before his wedding, Doug and his three friends drive to Las Vegas for a blow-out bachelor party they'll never forget. But, in fact, when the three groomsmen wake up the next morning, they can't remember a thing. For some reason, they find a tiger in the bathroom and a six-month-old baby in the closet of their suite at Caesars Palace. The one thing they can't find is Doug. With no clue as to what transpired and little time to spare, the trio must retrace their hazy steps and all their bad decisions in order to figure out where things went wrong and hopefully get Doug back to L.A. in time to walk down the aisle.
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha
Directed by: Todd Phillips
U.S. Rating: R

I was a little bit eclectic about watching this movie. I wasn't sure if it was one of those movies that normally show all their funny scenes on their trailer, and the rest of the movie is just as bored as it can be. Well, after reading some comments and reviews prior to the premier and watching several extra video trailers and scenes, I definitely felt motivated to go and watch this movie.

Well, after watching this movie not once, but twice! I definitely consider this movie the funniest movie so far in 2009. The actors, the funny situations, the whole plot offered such a great entertainment and extremely funny time at the movie theater. For those who haven't been convinced by the movie trailers and promotion thinking that it might be a boring movie, I definitely recommend you to give it a shot and watch it, you won't regret it at all! I can wait until I get to watch this movie again at home!

What did I like from this movie?

1. The plot. The characters, situations and the whole story from the beginning to the end were perfectly set.
2. When the guys are getting ready to leave the hotel room and go celebrate, all dressed up and the groom's brother in law shows up in jeans cheap t-shirt carrying a man's purse.
3. The morning after the night celebration, when the guys notice that the groom is missing, they find a baby in cabinet, a tiger in the bathroom, that one of the guys has lost a tooth and noone remember anything from the night before.
4. The amazing and extremely funny song sang by the dentist about all the situation and his lost friend.
5. "Not at the table Carlos"... hahaha!
6. When they find Mike Tyson in their hotel room and find him playing the piano and singing Phil Collins' song, and then he punches the groom's brother in law.
7. They whole journey when take the tiger back to its place, extremely funny!
8. Definitely, the end... when they find the camera and see all the pictures from the night they didn't remember.

I could name other situations and scenes that I totally enjoyed, the whole movie was amazingly funny!

What did I dislike from this movie?

Well, I could say that I didn't find anything I dislike from this movie, but of course, I'd be liying. In this case, I could say that the only thing I disliked was the scene where the chinese guy jumps out of the car truck and shows his huge bush... hehehe, a little bit disgusting, otherwise, the movie was perfect from my point of view.

My only concern about the movie is... did Ed Helms (Stu, the dentist) really pulled his tooth out for this movie?!?!

I would rate this movie with a huge 5/5
What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?
Watch it!... Enjoy it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter