Mary's Movie Monday: The Vow

Monday, March 5, 2012
Synopsis: Real-life story of a newlywed New Mexico couple, Kim and Krickitt Carpenter, who were struck by tragedy shortly after their marriage. A car crash puts the wife in a coma, where she is cared for by her devoted husband. When she comes to, without any memory of her husband or their marriage, the husband must woo her and ultimately win her heart once again.
Starring: Channing Tatum, Rachel McAdams, Scott Speedman, Jessica McNamee, Sam Shepard, Jessica Lange
Directed by: Michael Sucsy
U.S. Rating: PG-13

I was really excited to see The Vow. I was hoping it would be really romantic and fun at the same time. It has been awhile we've had a good rom com. Well, this isn't it. I wanted to like it. I really did. I kept pulling for it and thinking that maybe it would get batter after this scene or that one. Nope. I think Channing Tatum is hot. Until he opens his mouth. He mumbles. Really bad. In every single movie he's made. OPEN YOUR MOUTH! Tatum and Adams gave a lack luster performance. The name of the movie even got me, The Vow. Meaning, through all the struggles, they had a Vow to keep. Well, they didn't. I don't want to give away anything, but I'm going to. They get divorced! The ending shows them a yr later getting coffee. What's romantic about that?! I heard the books--based of real life events--is amazing. I think the book would tell the true story and do it better than Tatum or Adams ever could. I so wanted to like this movie. I really wish I did, but I didn't. Bleh.

I would rate this movie with a 2/5


Have you watched the film? What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie? Share with us your thoughts!

Enjoy it!... Watch it!



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter