Movie Review: The Iron Lady

Saturday, February 25, 2012
Synopsis: A surprising and intimate portrait of Margaret Thatcher, the first and only female Prime Minister of The United Kingdom. One of the 20th century's most famous and influential women, Thatcher came from nowhere to smash through barriers of gender and class to be heard in a male dominated world.
Starring: Meryl Streep, Jim Broadbent, Olivia Colman, Roger Allam, Nick Dunning, Nicholas Farrell
Directed by: Phyllida Lloyd
U.S. Rating: PG-13

Another superb, amazing, supreme performance by Meryl Streep. As said in my previous post about my top ten favorite Meryl Streep's films, I do consider her THE best actress in the world, no doubt about it. She totally demonstrated her talent... Once again... on this film.

I'd like to write this review from two different perspectives. First, about the film. Even though the film is a biopic based on the life of the UK Prime Minister, a pretty interesting and fascinating story of the first woman ever to become the UK Prime Minister, especially during a pretty intense and dangerous time in the world, facing some important and sensitive executive decisions. The only problem is that, for my personal taste, the film failed projecting those important events and her miningful role in UK (and the world) history. Director Phyllida Lloyd focused more on her personal life and dilemas, jumping constantly back and forth between past and present making it slow, boring and hard to follow at some times.

In the other hand, what made the film appealed to the viewers (especially for me) was Meryl Streep's spotless performance. Her appearance, her voice, her interpretation of Margaret Thatcher was simply amazing! She wasn't representing her on her role, she WAS Margaret Thatcher. It would a huge surprise for me if she doesn't get the Oscar for best actress after playing this amazing role.

If I had to rate the film for its all, I would say it didn't convince me at all, I'd give it a 2.5/5 but, If I'd rate it by Meryl Streep's performance and the great supporting cast working on the film, I'd give it 5/5.

So, at the end, I'd rate this movie with a 3/5


Have you watched the film? What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie? Share with us your thoughts!

Enjoy it!... Watch it!



0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter