Movie Review: Iron Man 2

Thursday, May 27, 2010
Synopsis: The world is aware that billionaire inventor Tony Stark is the armored Super Hero Iron Man. Under pressure from the government, the press and the public to share his technology with the military, Tony is unwilling to divulge the secrets behind the Iron Man armor because he fears the information will slip into the wrong hands. With Pepper Potts, and James "Rhodey" Rhodes at his side, Tony forges new alliances and confronts powerful new forces.

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Mickey Rourke, Sam Rockwell
Directed by: Jon Favreau
U.S. Rating: PG-13

What else can I say after watching the film two times? I just LOVED IT!

As soon as I left the theater in 2008, I was so excited about a future sequel. I was on top of all the news and updates about the sequel announced last year and I got anxious after watching the trailers. The first reviews I read about the film weren't the best ones. Many of them gave a low rate and said it wasn't as good as they'd expect it to be.

Well, I don't really know what is that "amazing" factor they could be expecting on this sequel. The truth is that I just loved it and it made honor to the first Iron Man, which was simply amazing.

The case was simply amazing. I know many people don't like Mickey Rourke or Scarlett Johansson, but noone could do a better job in their roles.

If you watched the first Iron Man, you aleady know about Tony Stark's unique sense of pride. and narcissism. That's what this sequel is all about. About his pride, his toys and knowledge. The film brings amazing action scenes, great CGI effects, good sense of humor, cool new toys, new enemies and a fresh and entertaining plot.

The interesting detail about the film was that Marvel used the film to give some tips and ideas about what's coming on the way, with all the "Avengers" movie series that will come in the near future.

Definitely one of the best action films of the year, even though, I know there will be great ones within the next few months :) I totally recommend the film

What did I like from this movie?

1. The cast. Great selection! No matter how controversial Scarlett Johansson or Mickey Rourke could be, they just made the difference in this film
2. The cool scene in Monaco and the portable Iron Man suit case
3. Robert Downey Jr nailed it again. Great performance
4. The good sense of humor in most of the scenes
5. Great action sequences
6. Marvel gave a vision of what is coming in the near future with all the "Avengers" movie series

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I really enjoyed the film, the only detail I found was Samuel L. Jackson's performance. I DO really like him, but he was the darkest performance in this film

I would rate this movie with a 4/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?



Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter