Movie Review: Old Dogs

Sunday, March 21, 2010
Synopsis: Two best friends -- one unlucky-in-love divorcee and the other a fun-loving bachelor -- have their lives turned upside down when they're unexpectedly charged with the care of 7-year-old twins while on the verge of the biggest business deal of their lives. The not-so-kid-savvy bachelors stumble in their efforts to take care of the twins, leading to one debacle after another, and perhaps to a new-found understanding of what's really important in life.

Starring: John Travolta, Robin Williams, Kelly Preston, Ella Blue Travolta, Lori Loughlin
Directed by: Walt Becker
U.S. Rating: PG

Being such a big fan of John Travolta's films, I must say that Old Dogs was really painful to watch. I thought this film would be at least as fun as Wild Hogs, but the truth is that it was one of the worst comedy films I've watched within the last 12 months. I didn't feel any chemistry between the actors. Besides that, the plot was extremely simple and empty. For a moment, I thought that a film like Date Movie or any other crappy comedy like those would be less painful to watch than Old Dogs. Sad, since it gathered such a great cast.

There were just a couple of scenes where I could say I honestly had some really good laughs, but mainly, the film wasn't good enough to be considered a comedy, or at least, a good film.

What did I like from this movie?

1. I enjoyed Seth green, Justin Long & Matt Dillon. A few very funny scenes with these guys

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. The plot was too empty and boring
2. What's up with John Travolta's hair? He looks like a dumb old man with that hair cut! Totally against his role... trying to be a playboy

I would rate this movie with a 2/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter