Movie Review: X-Men - The Last Stand

Monday, February 22, 2010
Synopsis: A "cure" for mutancy threatens to alter the course of history. For the first time, mutants have a choice: retain their uniqueness, though it isolates and alienates them, or give up their powers and become human. The opposing viewpoints of mutant leaders Charles Xavier, who preaches tolerance, and Magneto, who believes in the survival of the fittest, are put to the ultimate test--triggering the war to end all wars.

Starring: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Ian McKellen, Famke Janssen
Directed by: Brett Ratner
U.S. Rating: PG-13

I've watched the three X-Men films (plus X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and I must say that I am a huge fan of every single film of this successful franchise.

X-Men has brought some of the best and most enjoyable CGI effects to the big screen. I remember back in 2003 when X-Men 2 and Terminator 3 were released. I had so much expectations for both films, since one of my top favorite films of all times was Terminator 2: Judgment Day. I remember when I went to watch X-Men 2 and being in the theater... totally amazed watching the effects, plot and characters involved in this sequel. It was the first time ever that I left the theater without touching the candies and things I bought to eat while I was watching the film. I was so into the film that I didn't even remember I got some sweets to enjoy the film! I left the theater with such huge expectations for Terminator 3, since I knew it had to be terrific to be considered better than X-Men 2 that year, especially on the CGI effects aspect.

If I had to choose which one of these three X-Men films was the best, I'd say that the second one is the best so far. X-Men 3 delivered much more action and a large number of new mutants to the audience than the the two previous films, but the two previous films focused more on the lead characters and their stories.

I really enjoyed the action, the good sense of humor and especially, the amazing CGI effects and great mutant powers shown in this film. I just expect to have the chance to watch a new sequel of this great franchise any time soon. I know that two new films will be released soon (X-Men Origins: Magneto & Deadpool) but, I really want another sequel with all the team, especially knowing that X-Men 3 left some inconclusive details in its story.

What did I like from this movie?

1. The large number of mutants and their unique powers brought to this film
2. The amazing CGI effects
3. All the action involved in this film
4. The inconclusive details on the script that will lead to a future sequel

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I think that we got lost with so many mutants on this sequel. I really enjoy having a few list of new mutants, so we can really enjoy their attributes and unique powers, and not just watch them in a couple of short scenes. This film focused less on the lead characters than the previous two

I would rate this movie with a 4/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?


Enjoy it!... Watch it!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter