Movie Review: Twilight

Thursday, November 19, 2009
Synopsis: Bella Swan has always been a little bit different, never caring about fitting in with the trendy girls at her Phoenix high school. When her mother re-marries and sends Bella to live with her father in the rainy little town of Forks, Washington, she doesn't expect much of anything to change. Then she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen, a boy unlike any she's ever met. Edward is a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs and his family is unique in that they choose not to drink human blood. Intelligent and witty, Edward sees straight into Bella's soul. Soon, they are swept up in a passionate, thrilling and unorthodox romance. To Edward, Bella is what he has waited 90 years for -- a soul mate. But the closer they get, the more Edward must struggle to resist the primal pull of her scent, which could send him into an uncontrollable frenzy. But what will Edward & Bella do when a clan of new vampires -- James, Laurent and Victoria -- come to town and threaten to disrupt their way of life?

Starring: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Billy Burke, Peter Facinelli
Directed by: Catherine Hardwicke
U.S. Rating: PG-13

I waited for this movie to come out for months, and I was NOT disappointed. I have read all the books more times than I can count and I really felt that the movie brought something alive in these characters. It was a low budget film and at parts could could tell but they did an amazing job with what they had. Twilight is about the love story. Not the action sequences, although there are those too. You will FEEL something for these characters in the movie if you've never read the books. You'll be sucked in. Don't say I didn't warn you. It's amazing.

What did I like from this movie?

1. Robert Pattinson. Need I say more? When I found out he was playing Edward I actually gasped because he looked so much like the Edward in my head. Great casting there. He is the perfect Edward Cullen
2. Finally seeing the interaction between Bella and Edward that only a movie can give
3. Great makeup and costumes. Everything looked very uniform without everyone wearing the same thing. You saw Bella evolve from warm earthy tones to the cool colors the Cullen's were wearing. It showed how she was developing emotionally
4. The Cullen Crest. That's not in the books. I loved all the vampire jewelry. I need some

What did I dislike from this movie?

1. I'm not a big fan of Kristen Stewart and her acting style seems to be the same in all her movies. She looks like Bella though so that was good enough. Everyone else made up for her acting
2. It was low budget. You knew they could have made it much more amazing if only they had the money to do so
3. They left out some of my favorite scenes from the book. But that's normal with an adaptation from a book
4. That I have had to wait a year fro the second movie. The movie went too quick for me. I wanted more. Thank goodness for the books!

I would rate this movie with a 4/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?



1 Responses to Movie Review: Twilight

  1. I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter