Movie Review: Thoroughly Modern Millie

Thursday, October 22, 2009
Synopsis: Millie Dillmount, a fearless young lady fresh from Salina, Kansas, determined to experience Life, sets out to see the world in the rip-roaring Twenties. With high spirits and wearing one of those new high hemlines, she arrives in New York to test the "modern" ideas she had been reading about back in Kansas: "I've taken the girl out of Kansas. Now I have to take Kansas out of the girl!"

Starring: Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore, and Carol Channing
Director: George Roy Hill
U.S. Rating: G

I have always loved this movie! I love the flapper dancing, clothes, and music. Carol Channing's "Raspberries" has always been a favorite saying of my sister and I. It's such a fun movie. I could watch it over and over!!

What I liked about this movie:

1. The music and dancing! It's what it's all about!
2. This is a funny movie!
3. I love Jimmy.

What I didn't like:

1. The weird Chinese people. I mean what's the point of them and the side story with them?

I would rate this movie with a 5/5


What did you like or dislike from this movie? What would you rate this movie?



4 comments

  1. what's your rating Luis? I give it 4 out of 5! ;)

     
  2. AED Says:
  3. Julia and I love this movie! I'm not kidding when I tell you that right after having Julia I watched this movie every waking hour for no less than 6 weeks...

     
  4. I'll give it 4!

    I'm not into old movies... AT ALL! Mary knows that.

    But, I like this one. I remember the first time I watched it! it was when I was watching Julia. When Mary watched this movie this week, I remembered the movie as soon as I saw the dancing sequence, Julia danced it when we were watching it at Amy's house :)

     
  5. AED Says:
  6. Yeah, we love this movie. Julia says those hilarious expressions from this movie like "Banana Oil!" and "Raspberries!"

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Recent Tweets

Follow 35mmReviews on Twitter